Define ‘mobile responsive website design‘: a website that automatically conforms itself, regardless of browser, to a device’s screen resolution (= width & height). Assuming the website has been developed using modern mobile responsive standards, it uses a Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) media query to determine a visiting device’s resolution. Then, using flexible images and grids, it not only sizes but also stacks its elements accordingly.
Websites must be designed to understand image & graphic conformity as a priority, which is NOT to be confused with a static or print design!
Why Does Google Demand Mobile Responsive Website Design?
- Google’s ONLY recommendation is Mobile Responsive Website Design, NOT Apps or 2nd mobile websites;
- Responsive is the best visual experience from any device possible for the consumer;
- Responsive ALSO supports the website owner’s convenience (i.e. one website to host, one set of page URLs, one SEO challenge);
- Google does NOT want to crawl, index and rank duplicated sets of content and so if you have a duplicate mobile application – this means you! AND because
- Google insists on giving its search-consumer the best user experience possible, if the website is NOT responsive they DO NOT consider it a good experience and will rank accordingly … if at all!
- See our latest Mobile Responsive website design work!
One Mobile Responsive Website
NOT an app or a second mobile site, responsive website design is all-inclusive! It makes managing one web presence that can satisfy all visitors on all devices possible! Unless all website elements are developed to adjust to unique screen sizes, visitors would be forced to pull, pan, and scroll on a mobile device. It’s not the ideal experience for visitors you hope to convert as clients. There is NO NEED to develop a 2nd mobile website and the 2nd mobile version of all content with other URLs to prioritize the best user experience possible!
If you’re thinking about a website, we’d love to answer any questions or discuss your Mobile Options today!