Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services
While the online space allows modern business marketers to chase clients all over the globe, the average consumer prefers to “shop locally”. And while carefully placed keywords support a company’s organic search results & traffic, with local SEO we’re talking about being visible in a locally specific area.
Local SEO Benefits
- A less costly, yet quite possibly more effective, alternative to traditional forms of local advertising
- Positioning in the ‘Local Map Pack’ area of a search results page, limited to Google-verified local businesses
- Local brand identity for the most important target keywords
- The most qualified, locally motivated traffic
- Much better lead conversion!
Local SEO Requirements
- Content Driven Authority > It all starts here, content is ground zero!
- All subject specific pages must follow strict guidelines for on-pages optimization
- Locally specific content matters, for instance content often referred to as evergreen pages that detail why you are relevant for services in a town or a county
- Blogging adds timely authority for a broad list of potential topics
- And folks, Google says mobile friendly website content is a local necessity!
- Keywords > Research and use the keywords that consumers actually search
- Use keyword targets in page(s) copy, meta, header & alternative content tags
- When necessary use local city, county and state keywords
- Track & measure targeted keywords rank day to day
- Google My Business Tools > you’ve got to have them and they must be seen!
- Necessity – Set it up correctly!
- It requires verification in order to gain official status. Google is doing its best to identify business locations and so you must verify!
- Sitemap and new page submissions, regularly
- See Google My Business Setup!
- Search & Directory Listings > Broad Citation Accuracy!
- Accurate Name, Address, Phone Contact & Hours Of Operation > regardless of where you do business, be sure the name, physical address of your business, contact information and hours of operation are completely consistent & accurate.
- Simply put, Google currently has a bias toward physical address in its “Local Pack results”. It also considers giving search results MOST relevant to a query, including based upon hours of operation, so accept it as fundamental!
- And both keywords used and back links from legitimate search & listing sites (i.e. Yelp, Yahoo, Foursquare, Topix, Dex, Google Maps, etc.) matters!
- See Search & Directory Listings SEO Plan
- Reviews > Reviews matter a great deal!
- They can be more beneficial than all of the above
- Humans both look for and react to reviews!
- Have a strategy for getting those who appreciate you to give good reviews!
And those are some of the more fundamental signals necessary, but depending on the competition Geographic tree building, Blogging, Social Media, links build from trusted websites and/or local PR efforts will not only substantiate positions, but ever-improve where a business stands! To learn more about what Kinetic Knowledge Local SEO can do for your business, we’d love to discuss the benefits today!