The Important Website Security Features That Matter
There is a lot of confusion out there about what security is necessary for a business website. Careful: there’s an army of companies touting their product and one solution rarely fits all. What’s more, the threat always evolves so security must also be a committed personal process – locally with computer use. Website security is as much personal computer discipline as it is website security features, so best to get up to speed.
Reliable security stems from people, from process and from technology all working together! And in case there is any confusion about what Secure Socket Layers (SSL) do, they protect visitors coming in from a browser that then interact or share information with your website. What follows emphasizes the most relevant security features to protect the website itself.
What Website Security Software Features Matter When It Comes To Preventing Your Website From Being Hacked?
1. Brute force blocking – a live feature for monitoring login page activity to lock out IP addresses that repeatedly attempt to *guess* a password and username login. A two factor authentication option that sends a code required for login entry along with a username and password to another device can be a great add- on, but for some it’s too much;
2. Country blocking – a feature designed to stop or end repeated aggressive & malicious activity originating from a geographic region or country. For instance, repeated failed logins or a large number of page not found errors that alerts to this malicious activity coming from the same country and blocks it. This plus a manual capability that allows for pre- empting the blocking of any county or IP deemed not necessary can be useful;
3. Scanning – a feature that continuously searches for Malware, Viruses and any security vulnerabilities;
4. Comment spam filters – this feature checks on the source IP of inbound comments and any URLs that are included AND
5. Firewall – a feature that identifies malicious traffic by IP address and then blocks the attacker from any further access. Top solutions automatically update firewall rules based upon the latest threats, blocking attacks based on known / updated attack patterns and IP addresses;
6. Database back ups – so that in the worst case scenario you’re able to go back and re- establish the website database before it was hacked; hopefully, worst case, there’s no more than a lost post or some simple to re- do edits;
Check out our WordPress advanced security solution, which does all of the above and more. Features like tracking all nefarious activity targeting WP site worldwide and updating itself based upon that data make this solution stand alone as best in class. Plus we guarantee support for cleaning a site that has been hacked and also Google re- submission making this security package unique!
- Managing Security Locally At The PC Level – https://www.kineticknowledge.com/how-to-manage-wordpress-web-security
- Why Does Google Want Us To Get SSL ? – https://www.kineticknowledge.com/define-ssl
- Truth About Hacked WordPress Websites – https://www.kineticknowledge.com/hacked-wordpress-websites