SEO is NO trick: it’s tedious effort in several areas of optimization, including on and off website. It then requires analysis of several data points in order to see where a business can get versus its’ competition. If the competition is stiff, analysis will show what is necessary to reach a targeted result. In many cases competition is non- aggressive and the fundamentals will suffice, but without ‘Fundamental Local SEO‘ execution a business ( = you! ) is likely invisible to those searching.
SEO doesn’t have to be expensive, but unless the fundamentals are established a targeted result is not going to be possible!
What Does A Fundamental Low Cost SEO Program Include?
- Keyword Research for Target Subjects
– define the obvious target keywords including in a geographic target area
– research those keywords for activity, similar keywords and for how competitive they are
- Search Optimized Website Pages
– based upon the above apply keywords, including geographic, to titles, URLs, headers, Meta tags
– add alternative content using keywords in filenames and in Meta tags
– add in page relevant anchor text links to other website pages
– make google search console page submissions
– plan on updating pages to maintain performance
– Review and fix website for broken links, set up proper 404
- Google My Business Tools Setup, Verification and Optimization
– get listings setup, verified, optimized and aligned with website via back- links
– get Plus setup for posts and social activity back- links
– set up search console and analytics, connect the two for consolidation of search data
– if necessary, set up optimized YouTube Channel and embed optimized videos into appropriate website pages
- Claim, Verify and Optimize Top Search & Directory Listings
– identify top listing sites, register listings
– seek out all relevant national listings
– seek out all locally relevant listings
– align them all with website via back- links
- Plan in Place to Maximize Positive Client Reviews
– identify satisfied clients and ask for their reviews
– plan to help them when necessary, possibly with instructions
– send follow up requests
– setup alerts for all reviews in order to be informed
– get informed on dealing with any negative reviews
- Measure! – You Cannot Grow What You Do Not Measure!
– setup reliable keywords ranking software, analyze
– setup website traffic and search analytics software, analyze
– setup off- website traffic and search analytics software, analyze
– report on successes, report on action items where needed for improvement
– have a plan for updating underperforming keywords and pages
What Can Be Added Beyond Fundamentals?
And once these signals are produced, it’s analysis that determines whether or not they are enough to reach goals and/ or if competition is such that more signals must be deployed, such as:
- Copywriting= content creation:
- Geo- Trees,
- Authority for products & services
- Authority for locations
- Blogging on timely subjects
- all with an eye on covering the ‘ long tail for targeted subjects and keywords ‘
- Social Media Campaigns
- Alternative Content, Video and Photography
- Public Releases
- Links Build
- And more- let’s discuss what’s best for your business … and your budget!
It’s work, requires some experience and it must carry on month to month, but when executed this will bring greater and greater visibility to those businesses that commit! Get in touch to discuss how a fundamental SEO program might support your business today!
SEO: YOU CANNOT GROW TRAFFIC THAT YOU DO NOT MEASURE!