Simple Hidden Page on WordPress
There may be times when you want to create a hidden page on your WordPress website; one that won’t be included in your main navigation.
For example, you are sending out a direct mail with a special promotional offer on it. You want the recipients of the direct mail to be able to go to a special page on your website to claim that offer or get more information on it, but you don’t want all visitors to your website to claim the offer.
In that case, you can create a page on your website that can only be accessed by the public if they know the URL (example: www.johnswebsite.com/specialoffer)
To ensure exclusive access, you want to create a ‘hidden’ page. This is very simple to do and actually involves less steps than it takes to add a new page to your main navigation.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your WordPress website and access your dashboard.
- Under pages, select ‘add new’.
- Create your new page, complete with title, content, images and lead capture forms (if you are using any).
Be sure to edit the permalink (directly under the page title) to be an exact match of the URL you may include in your marketing materials.
- Once you have finalized your page, hit ‘publish’ in the upper right hand corner.
- To access this page, users will need to enter the exact URL address you specified for the page. For that reason, you may want to keep it short and sweet. You can access this page at any time by going to your dashboard and selecting ‘all pages.’
Learn more about using WordPress websites for business.
About Kinetic Knowledge NJ Digital Marketing Services
Based in Monmouth County NJ, Kinetic Knowledge is a full service digital marketing firm offering SEO, website design, social media, graphic design, e-commerce, content marketing, video editing and more.
Contact us here or give us a call to learn more at 732-722-5915.