Following through on our last ‘Mobile Use Statistics’ post featuring a ‘Mobile Search Study‘, here are some takeaways from an equally important study focused on the consumer in general. Seeing as how more than 50% of Americans (now) own smartphones, we as both a ‘small business marketer’ and as a ‘small to medium sized business mobile marketing resource‘ are paying close attention.
Per Wikipedia.org, A smartphone, or smart phone, is a mobile phone built on a mobile operating system, with more advanced computing capability and connectivity than a feature phone.
Of those surveyed:
- 80% Don’t Leave Home Without Their Smartphone
- 86% Use Their SmartPhone While Also Consuming Other Forms Of Media
- 80% Visit Social Networks
- 94% Of SmartPhone Users Have Looked For Local Business Information
- 96% Have Researched A Product Or Service On A SmartPhone!
- Source: Our Mobile Planet: Understanding The Mobile Consumer
On-the-go consumer trends make it incredibly important for us small to medium sized businesses to evolve into informed, maybe even mobile-focused, organizations. So know your Mobile options because Marketing toward them has become critical!